John Lee Practical Katana
Entry-level model for cutting practice
Masterpiece of Asian craft of forging
- The swords’ blades are hand-forged out of 1095 carbon steel
- The sharpened blades are differentially hardened in traditional kind as a result
of clay applied during the cooling process and they’ve got an original Hamon-line
- 60 HRC at the ha and 40 HRC at the mune
- The hilts (Tsuka) are made of wood and completed with original ray skin (Same)
- The hilt-wrappings (Tsuka-Ito) of black cotton are applied in traditional kind
- Two Menukis were put into the hilts
- The handle-ends are particularly long and fastened to the hilt with 2 pins of
- The sheaths (Saya) are made out of wood
- Manufacturing followed historical examples
Blade length to Tsuba: approx. 74,5 cm
Total length without sheath: approx. 104,5 cm
Hilt length: approx. 30 cm
Weight without sheath: approx. 1190g
Each sword will be delivered with a seal, which guarantees the originality.
You’ll get each sword wrapped in a cloth bag and in an high-class collector’s box.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18. Please mention
your birth date when order. We also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by
email, scan, fax or mail.
Shipping weight: 1.20 kg
Author: Kitti L. am 04/12/2013
I bought John Lee Practical Katana. I think It\'s very good and suitable for cutting practice. It\'s very easy to cutting standard Tatami when compared with Shinken(Real Katana from Japan that I have). I don\'t test about bending and cutting strong matterial such as Plate Armour. Next time, if I got more discount. I will order Plate Armour for cutting test.
I recommend this sword for everybody who would like to cutting practice (Tameshigiri - Cutting Test)
Thank you very much for very good and fast service.
We also recommend the following products:
( 19 % VAT incl. excl. Shipping costs )