John Lee Imori Katana
Masterpiece of Asian forge-craft
- The sharpened blade is hand-forged from Carbon steel (not stainless)
- The wooden hilt (Tsuka) is covered with original ray skin (Same)
- The tight hilt-wrapping from dark blue cotton has been done in
- The fittings (Tsuba, Fuchi, Menuki, Kashira) show a golden newt
- The handle-end is particularly long and fastened to the hilt with
2 pins of bamboo (Mekugi)
- The scabbard (Saya) is made of wood.
- The blade collar (Habaki) is made of brass
- Manufacturing followed examples of museums
Imori is the name for the Japanese (alpine) newt. The ornamental newts
at the fittings are unmistakeably and give the sword, which otherwise
is kept plainly, its name..
Blade length to Tsuba: approx. 71 cm
Total length without scabbard: approx. 100 cm
Hilt length: approx. 28.5 cm
Weight without scabbard: approx. 1.300 kg
Weight with scabbard: approx. 1.500 kg
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 18.
Please mention your date of birth when order. We also need a
copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.
Shipping weight: 1.50 kg
We also recommend the following products:
29,90 EUR 26,91 EUR
( 19 % VAT incl. excl. Shipping costs )